The Barnes Hiscock Mansion

The Barnes Hiscock Mansion was originally built in 1853 by George and Rebecca Barnes, who were ardent abolitionists.
The mansion is recognized by the National Park Service as an Underground Railroad Network to Freedom site and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.  It was the first home built on James Street and the only antebellum mansion left in Syracuse, New York.