We are looking for talented volunteers to help carry on the mission of the George & Rebecca Barnes Foundation!
If you have an interest in volunteering, please fill out the volunteer form available HERE.
You can suggest a project tailored to your unique skills and interests, or join in one of our ongoing projects.
Sample volunteer activities include:
- Administrative details – checking our membership lists, helping organize events, filing, etc
- Tour Guides – do you love history? This might be the perfect role for you!
- Event Coordination – plan behind-the-scenes or join for the day-of set-up & take-down fun!
- Graphic Design – sharing the beauty and uniqueness of the Mansion takes a special eye. Is this your specialty?
- Landscaping – love to get your hands dirty? Our grounds will appreciate your TLC!
- Maintenance – historic properties like the Mansion call for expert attention and sometimes a bit of elbow grease.
- Cleaning – help us stay in tip-top shape for community events, tours, and Members!
- Technical Support – websites, spreadsheets, accounting, legal services – all expertise is welcome.
- Grant Writing – as a not-for-profit historical society, grants help us preserve and maintain the Mansion.
Interested in joining the Board of Directors? Serving on the Board is a great way to expand your impact while enriching your community. Please send your resume and interest to info @ grbarnes.org
Thank you to all our wonderful volunteers who help us day in and day out to preserve, maintain and restore our historic home!